Tuesday 28 May 2013

Cleaning up the closet..+ Trip to Pulau Manukan, Sabah!



Damn, spider webs everywhere.



 Its been quite a while since I've been writing on this blog, added with some personal stuff and school - well, gotta say my time always like a gold to me. Sorry for that .

I have no great stories so far, except for my recent day trip to one of island that made Tunku Abdul Rahman Park. 

Taken from Google Map (Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, Sabah, Malaysia)

If you are keen to blue skies and clear sea, these island just perfect for you. Whether local or international tourists, all opened up with warm heart (and sea too). Since it's school break for locals , you'll definitely see large crowds of families and kids .

How to get there? 

There are two option, whether swimming to the island or taking a boat. Just kidding! :) You can either charter a boat (which cost you more than RM100) or buy tickets from any counters in Jesselton Point. There's also Sutera Harbour Jetty but on my personal opinion, it's better to buy the tickets in J.P since getting there is easier than Sutera Harbour Jetty (assuming you aren't in-house guest of the hotel.)

Pricing? 

This part is a sensitive one , unless you don't care how much will you spent on that trip. Price of a ticket is RM23/person for adults and RM18/person for kids under 18 years old (I used Island Express boat service). If you want to add another activities like parasailing, banana boat and scuba diving - you can always book it at the counters. Renting a life jacket isn't a must, but better safe than sorry , right? Life jacket costs RM10 while snorkel masks can be rented either from the ticket counters,meet boat guy with life jackets and snorkel mask trolley or just rent it on the island. My recommendation? It's cheaper if you rent both life jacket and snorkel masks with the boat guy. Haggling is a must though :) .

Another thing, you'll have to pay small amount of money after getting to the island that you wish to travel. I think it's permit for entering the marine park, since conservation is quite expensive these days.

Activities? 

Snorkelling? My first time and my first choice. If you rented life jackets and snorkel before you entered the island, then you're safe, because renting it on the island- well, you must pay deposits. For budget tourist (like me of course) , this ain't good. There's huge area for snorkelling , but watch out for stingers. Tanning seems nice though. Or just hanging out below the shady trees - relaxing.

Things to bring? 

Must have :- Money (of course), spare clothes (strictly no nudes here), towel
If you wanted to:- Lotion with tons of SPF, hats , shades ...

Pulau Manukan is the most developed island as compared to others . But honestly, I could only give Manukan Island about 3 out of 5 stars. Why? There's less fish here :( , so snorkelling haven't give me much fun. But since the beach coastline is quite longer than other hotspot islands, walking along the beach is quite an additional activities.

That's all for today, but I'll update more of my day trips to the islands - still got 3 more islands to go : Pulau Sapi, Pulau Mamutik and Pulau Sulug (I think it was closed , but I'll ask the counters if there's any chances I could get there)

>Some pictures here<

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy ! Have something to say ? Don't just mumbling there, speak it up !